Open Minds, Open Spaces Town Hall for Afterschool
This year, we’re kicking off LightsOn with a multi-state Town Hall program to celebrate the afterschool programs! AzCASE is working with 10 other states to showcase how afterschool programs play a role in our communities and the impact they have on youth across the region from the voices of afterschool champions, our youth, and our partners and programs. Our goal is to continue to shine a light to the value of out-of-school time programming as a vital part of youth development. Tune in on the eve of Lights On, October 21st at 3 PM (MST), to check out our program.
Check back for more information on the Arizona State Rally, immediately following the Town Hall.
Stay engaged with Lights On Afterschool from a safe distance:
- Tell us what afterschool means to you – share your story on social media
- Highlight the people that make your program possible – parents, facilitators, partners, community members
- Join a virtual event already happening in your area – see Town Hall information above
- Join us in the national #LightbulbChallenge
- Share artwork for your youth to do at home and then showcase their work on your social media
- Contact your governor or mayor and request a proclamation for Lights On Afterschool
- Reach out to city halls or notable landmarks and ask them to light it up blue
- And don’t forget to tag us on Facebook @afterschoolAZ or Instagram and Twitter @AZ_afterschool and #LightsOnAfterschool so we can see the awesome ways you’re celebrating Lights On Afterschool!