Summer Learning Day is June 21st!
Summer Learning Day is a national advocacy day designed to raise awareness about the importance of summer learning for our nation’s youth in helping close the achievement gap and support healthy development.
Check out these tips from the National Summer Learning Academy on ways to celebrate:
– Put your Summer Learning Day event on the national map. This is a great opportunity to spread the word about your summer learning event and organization, as the map and select events are used in outreach to print and online news media.
– Download the latest key messages about summer learning to use in communications to media, in blogs, e-mails, social media, and communications with parents, policymakers, funders, and the general public.
– Print and distribute NSLA’s summer learning tip sheets for families at your event.
– Join NSLA on Twitter on Summer Learning Day for a Twitter Chat on summer reading.
– Spread the word about Summer Learning Day to others!
For more information on summer learning, consider attending NSLA’s National Conference on Summer Learning this fall!
Comments are closed.