“Making Science Make Sense” ToolBox
Target Audience: Programs that serve K-4, Programs that serve Grades 5-8, Programs that serve Grades 9-12, Other
Bayer’s “Making Science Make Sense” ToolBox is a collection of free resources that include step-by-step, hands-on experiments for youth that can be done in home and out-of-school environments.
The ToolBox includes
- Experiment Cards—“kitchen science” experiments done with simple household products.
- Experiment Guides—more experiments as well as simple scientific explanations for everyday phenomena and nature questions like “What is a flame?” and “Where do bugs go in winter?” and “Why do socks stick together?”
- Audio Series Experiment Book—a selection of the MSMS Audio Series’ most popular segments; matching them with easy hands-on science experiments using common household materials
- Activity Book—elementary-appropriate puzzles, word searches, experiments and fun science facts
- Periodic Table of Elements—Illustrated with everyday uses of the elements
Which Standards does this meet? III. Intentional Programming and Activities
URL: Learn More / Download Resource