GreenWorks! grants, Project Learning Tree
Project Learning Tree offers GreenWorks! grants up to $1,000 to schools and youth organizations for environmental service-learning projects that link classroom learning to the real world. Youth implement an action project they help design to green their school or to improve an aspect of their neighborhood’s environment.
The projects partner youth with their whole school, local businesses and/or community organizations, and provide opportunities for youth leadership. The funds can be used by youth to implement recycling programs at their school, conserve water and energy, establish school gardens and outdoor classrooms, improve a forest, or restore a natural habitat, for example.
To be eligible, applicants must have attended a PLT workshop, either in-person or online, that provides training, lesson plans, and other resources to help integrate these projects and environmental education into your curriculum or youth programs.
Applicants must have attended a Project Learning Tree training either online or in person.
- Note: Only PLT’s online workshops for PreK-8, Early Childhood, and new e-units meet the online training eligibility requirements.
- incorporate service learning
- exemplify student voice
- involve at least one community partner
- secure at least 50% matched funds (in-kind acceptable)
- be completed in one year.
How to Apply
- Submit your completed application and W-9 online.
- Please login to your account to submit a grant. If you do not yet have an account, you can register for one here.
Please note: Applications will NOT be accepted via email.
Looking for Ideas?
- PLT GreenWorks! projects and teacher tips can be found in their newsletter and website.
- PLT’s GreenWorks! Guidebook offers practical ideas and pointers for getting a GreenWorks! project off and running.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Funder: Project Learning Tree
Application Deadline: September 30
Contact Details: Haley Herbst email@example.com 202-751-2440
URL: Learn More