Community Education Program Grants-The Harry Chapin Foundation
This fund supports: Community Education Programs that identify community needs and mobilize resources to meet them, fostering social and economic justice; Arts-in-Education Programs and other approaches to educating young people; Food and Agricultural Programs that support the preservation of individually owned farms; support for citizen organizations that promote equitable food production and distribution; Environmental Programs that promote a safe and sustainable environment.
Grant sizes range from a few hundred dollars to our maximum of $10,000.
An application should be made in a brief written proposal to Executive Director Leslie Ramme. We are more concerned with substance than with form so you may follow any format you wish, but please insure that the following information is included:
- History of your organization (we strongly recommend that the organization or program be in existence for at least one year)
- Program Statement – the problem you are attempting to address
- Objectives – the goals of your program
- Method – how you plan to reach your objective
- Evaluation – how will you know how effectively you have addressed
- Future funding – if the work is ongoing, how will it be funded
in the future?
- Tax Exempt Status – grants are only made to 501 (c)(3) organization and no grants are made to individuals. A copy of this determination must be included with your application
- Budget – a budget for the program requiring funding and if this is part of a larger organization then we will need the budget for the entire organization. If your organization revenues exceed $150,000 then we will need a certified audit of the financial statements
Please feel free to contact the Foundation office if you have any questions at all about the process.
Harry Chapin Foundation
16 Gerard Street
Huntington, New York 11743
Phone (631) 423-7558
Fax (631) 423-7596
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
URL: Learn More