Better Kid Care
Better Kid Care’s On Demand system provides professional development anytime you are ready to learn! All Better Kid Care online On Demand lessons are approved by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Bureau of Child Care Licensing to meet child care professional development requirements in Arizona.
Better Kid Care provides evidence-informed professional development to early care and education and youth development professionals to improve the quality of their care and educational practices. Online training is available for child care professionals with more than 200 relevant modules.
Better Kid Care translates research-‐based information into online child care training modules and other professional development resources for early childhood and school-age practitioners in the following curriculum areas:
- Child Growth & Development
- Curriculum & Learning Experiences
- Families, Schools and Community Collaboration and Partnerships
- Professionalism & Leadership
- Health, Safety & Nutrition
- Program Organization & Administration
Better Kid Care is an outreach educational program of Penn State Cooperative Extension supported with funds from the PA Early Learning Keys to Quality/ Pennsylvania Office of Child Development and Early Learning.
Better Kid Care’s programmatic reach also includes early learning and school-age professionals caring for military-connected children through the Childcare and Youth Training and Technical Assistance Program, funded by USDA/NIFA and The Department of Defense. Some modules for working with military families are free in Arizona counties via the Military Child Care Initiative. They include
- Deployment Through a Child’s Eyes
- Connecting to Military Children Through Books
- Reintegration: When a Deployed Parent Comes Home
- Reflect and Respect Children’s Military-Connected Identity
Author/Developer: Pennsylvania State Extension
URL: Learn More / Download Resource