Become a Mentor for Youth Facing Adversity!
The ‘Discover Your Future’ Program Goal is to keep youth engaged during vulnerable after-school hours by providing them the opportunity to interact with caring mentors in a structured program environment.
A volunteer serves as mentor in the ‘Discover Your Future’ out-of-school time program with Future for KIDS. Volunteers will:
- Form a bond with youth by serving as a mentor and enrich the lives of youth who face adversity
- Work in small groups with elementary students grades 3-6
- Serve as a positive role model for youth
Specific opportunities to enrich the lives of youth within your small group of mentees are as follows:
- Facilitate ethics discussions on topics such as: honesty, forgiveness, responsibility, respect
- Assist small groups of youth with brain-stimulating academic activities (including STEAM activities)
- Read to youth and hold discussions
- Assist with fitness and athletic activities such as: football, obstacle courses, yoga, basketball…and many more!
- The youth in Future for Kids programs are hand selected and are faced with at least one Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs). You will be trained prior to meeting with the youth to create positive and trusting relationships.
- 2 hours commitment per week
- Program runs Monday through Thursday at 11 different sites throughout the valley during the afterschool hours (Ranging from 2pm – 6pm)
- 2 hours with the youth. Mentors arrive 30 minutes prior to program start time for a mentor pre-meeting
- Mentors serve 26 consecutive weeks as a role model to the youth
- Mentors choose the site that is most convenient to them with locations in Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Guadalupe
“Volunteering for Future for KIDS helped me as much as it helped the children”- Nick
Hiring Organization/Entity: Future for KIDS
Contact Details: Please contact Kelli Mason, Volunteer Coordinator: phone: 480-947-8131 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
URL: Learn More