Nominations for 2023 are now open!
Click HERE to submit a nomination for Program Award of Excellence
Click HERE to submit a nomination for Professional Award of Excellence
Nominations close April 15, 2023!
Each year, the Arizona Center for Afterschool Excellence honors winners in the following categories:
OUT-OF-SCHOOL TIME PROFESSIONAL AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
This award spotlights professional excellence by a staff member in out-of-school time profession. The winner of this award:
- has worked directly with children for at least two years of their career
- currently works a minimum of ten hours a week in a public, private, faith-based, school-based, neighborhood located, or military-based out-of-school time program
- work reflects inclusive understanding of the developmental needs of children, youth and families, continued professional development, and the highest standards outlined by the Arizona Quality Standards for Out-of-School Time Programs
OUT-OF-SCHOOL TIME PROGRAM AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
This award spotlights an organization, department, program or individual program site’s excellence. The winner of this award:
- has operated for at least two years
- can be public, private, faith-based, school-based, neighborhood located, community-based, or military-based
- meets the highest standards of quality in the field
- demonstrates capacity to meet the needs of children, youth, and families in their community
Awards of Excellence Rules & Requirements
AWARD OF EXCELLENCE RULES & REQUIREMENTS
The nomination application and any additional materials must be submitted online at azafterschool.org. Judging will occur in two rounds. The first round will produce finalists for each award. All award finalists will be selected by an independent panel of judges. Once finalists have been selected additional letters of support from colleagues, parents and students, copies of relevant supporting documents, including: pictures, articles or other commendations, or recognition your program will be collected for the second round of judging. Finalists and their nominators will be notified by email. The winner and honorees will be announced and awards presented at the Arizona Statewide Out-of-School Time Conference, October 17, 2020. All finalists are to attend the annual conference. By submitting a nomination or supporting document (such as a letter of support), participating individuals grant the Arizona Center for Afterschool Excellence permission to use any of the submitted materials, not protected by copyright, in advertisements and/or promotions without compensation or notification. Such advertisements or promotions may include internet/social media announcements of the Awards of Excellence or the conference, as well as print materials distributed at or in promotion of the events.